Need help. I can't cancel order

I did the ADA - NEWM swap but is not complete. Reason:
Your order is out of price range , you can cancel or wait till the pool price changes to meet your order’s slippage.
But when I want to cancel the order, I get a message that I don’t understand: Need additional 5000000 lovelace but only 2129415 lovelace is available to choose.
What should I do?

1 Like

You need to have more ADA in your wallet. Lovelace is fractions of ADA.

1 Like

This is true. @Rijeka1 : you need to have more ADA (1 ADA = 1000000 lovelaces). Other than that, kindly check also the slippage tolerance. Hope it helps :smiley:

You could check the Minswap dApps documentation here:

Or check out the similar topic here: Transaction Failed Error "UTxO Balance Insufficient" - #3 by Kaivalya

2 Likes

I had this issue a few times and removing collateral or doing some other cancelation first allways helped to fill some ADA for Minswap.

2 Likes

I already have around 6 ada in my Gero Wallet, so why do we need to have additional ADA just to cancel a queued order that hasn’t gone through yet? Canceling an order should require no transaction fees. Am I missing something?

It’s how blockchains work and Cardano in particular. You always need to pay tx when interacting with a blockchain and Cardano needs ADA to create UTxO bundles for tokens and needs a minimal ADA UTxO in order to send tokens. The amount of free ADA needed will depend on how much (soft)locked ADA you have in the wallet because of these reasons.