New Staking Plus: Boost your farming rewards

My proposal, “Staking Plus: Boost your farming rewards” is to create a staking function on a DEX where users can deposit their MIN in a pool of their choice. However, unlike traditional staking systems, there will be no direct rewards in MIN. Instead, the reward will be to increase the reward obtained in the farming pool where the staking is taking place. The formula to calculate the reward would be something like this:

Reward in the pool = (Base Reward in the pool) x (Pool Multiplication Factor)

Where the pool multiplication factor is established according to the amount of MIN staked in relation to the total MIN staked in that pool. For example, if a user has 10 times more MIN staked in a pool ADA-MIN than another user, his reward in that pool could increase by 100%, that means it would go from a 20% APR annually to a 40% APR annually. If a user has 5 times more MIN staked in a pool AADA-ADA than another user, his reward in that pool could increase by 50%, that means it would go from a 15% APR annually to a 22.5% APR annually. And if a user has 2 times more MIN staked in a pool iUSD-ADA than another user, his reward in that pool could increase by 20%, that means it would go from a 10% APR annually to a 12% APR annually.

The goal of this proposal is to promote the retention of MIN tokens and increase liquidity in the farming pools. By staking, users have an incentive to hold onto their tokens instead of selling them, which would help stabilize the price and improve the user experience. Additionally, by increasing liquidity in the pools, the efficiency and security of the DEX would also be improved.

It is important to note that in this proposal, staking would only be done on one pool at a time, not all pools simultaneously. This means that a user would have to choose which pool they want to stake in and lock their MIN in that specific pool.
By doing this, we aim to increase liquidity in a specific pool and not distribute the staking across multiple pools at the same time.

Users who stake their tokens can be called “Stakers Plus”, as they would get a plus in their rewards in the farming pools. With this, we aim to motivate users to retain their tokens and increase liquidity in the pools, which in turn would improve the stability and efficiency of the DEX.

Let’s say a user has staked 10,000 MIN in the ADA-MIN pool, and the total MIN staked in that pool is 100,000 MIN. The base reward in that pool is 20% APR annually.

Pool Multiplication Factor = (MIN staked by user) / (Total MIN staked in pool) = 10,000 / 100,000 = 0.1

Reward in the pool = (Base Reward in the pool) x (Pool Multiplication Factor) = 20% x 0.1 = 2%

So the user’s reward in the pool would be an additional 2% APR on top of the base reward, for a total of 22% APR annually.

Please note that this is just an example, the percentage, and the way to calculate the reward may vary depending on the specific implementation.

Example

The coin release would remain the same for all pools in farming. Again, there is no staking that pays more for having more MIN, the reward comes from the same farming process in the protocol. The user chooses which pool and how much MIN they want to link to, but the more MIN they commit, the higher the yield will be, which increases the amount of MIN in that pool. If the user decides to sell their MIN, others can use them to increase their yields. This can boost the liquidity of MIN and any pool.

14 Likes

I liked the idea, Minswap needs this. WR token has boost utility, Muesliswap has a nft lp boost too. This idea should help price stability

5 Likes

the “Staking Plus: Boost your farming rewards” proposal seeks to motivate users to retain their MIN tokens and increase liquidity in farming pools through a staking system, but instead of direct MIN rewards, the user gets an increase in reward in the pool where you staked. However, it is important to note that this proposal might not be beneficial for large MIN holders as they would have to choose which pool to deposit their MIN into and this would limit their ability to maximize their rewards.

2 Likes

This looks very good and is substantially better than my previous MINAS proposal. Awesome @JuanCamiloCAKE :clap:

5 Likes

Hay đó.hãy giữ quan điểm làm tăng tính thanh khoản cho pool. và làm cho min token có giá trị hơn nữa. Tôi mong ngày nào đó sẽ được thanh toán fee MIN cho các giao dịch của tôi

3 Likes

We need community support for this proposal. and i think minswap need it.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying MinSwap needed this for 6 months

4 Likes

I think the same as you, support me with a like if you liked my proposal and let’s all hope that the team listens to us

2 Likes

i like this idea, i would add some twists:

take emissions + ada rewards.

reserve 80% of that for normal farming. 20% would be an extra portion for that pool only for people that are boosting with min.

then, divide the boosted rewards proportionally to the amount of min locked (relative to position size)

this way if no one is boosting on that pool there is a huge incentive for someone to start locking to receive more rewards. and you can always take a greater share of boosted rewards if you add more min.

2 Likes

I think this is a beautiful proposal. It will boost the utility of MIN tokens greatly! I think we need to implement this as soon as possible before our competition beats us out.

What if we changed it to Purrfect Staking instead of Staking Plus? That would be in line with the theme and we can all become Purrfect Stakers and Purrfect Farmers lol

2 Likes

I like the name I gave it hehe, but thanks,I like the name I gave it hehe, but thanks

2 Likes

What do you think about eliminating the maximum limit of x2 in the multiplier of earnings when staking in a farming pool and instead allowing a person to deposit an unlimited amount of MIN tokens to obtain a higher multiplier? Taking into account that the MIN token is finite and not fully released, and that the pool chosen by the user has a limited daily release of MIN. Additionally, it is also important to take into account that if the user has a significantly higher amount of MIN tokens compared to the other participants, their earnings multiplier could be very high, but if their participation in ADA-iUSD is low compared to others, their earnings multiplier could be low and the final earnings could be lower than the other participants.

I love your proposal because it doesn’t force me to be locked in for a certain number of days, weeks, or years, when I want to leave I can just go and that’s it. Or I can switch my staking to another pool. I really like that.

2 Likes

I like your idea, having no limits to leverage returns, this would make it a competition in Farming. The more LP tokens, and the more MIN you have you could leverage your returns x3 x4 x5… as long as you have a large amount of MIN. Let’s say if a whale has 100,000 USD in LP making 10% farmingo he would have to have 5,000,000 USD (MIN) to have X5 in farming, i.e. a 50% annual return.

1 Like

Hello
I would focus more on real yield rather than farming if we want to keep the value of the token
I would propose rather a type of ve(3,3,) like Velodrome on Optimism.

1. you lock your MIN for a certain time
  2. you can vote for a pool and earn a portion of the trading fees of the pool
1 Like

I read this a few times and I don’t understand where you are getting an increase in APR without an increase in daily emissions.

If you are using the same emissions, wouldn’t it reduce liquidity from the lower APR to non-staking plus users? Let’s assume with the lower yield farm APR. Why wouldn’t I just move my liquidity to a different protocol for a higher APR for a different token?

I can see some pool instability happening from the shuffling of liquidity. This could affect the people who are providing LP but not yield farming.

1 Like

The funds for this proposal come from the same daily cultivation process in the protocol, as there is no staking to earn more MIN and it is something that the developers have stated will not be added to the protocol. I proposed that users can choose which pool and how many MIN they want to link to increase their returns, but the more MIN committed, the higher the yield, which increases the amount of MIN in that pool, as well as LP tokens.

If a user decides to sell their MIN, other users can buy them and use them to increase their returns. This can increase the liquidity of MIN and LP and any pool to increase their stakes.

Here’s the most important part of your question: Users with more LP and more MIN are the ones who will win, meaning that MIN becomes a token that leverages farming earnings but subtracts earnings from those who sell their MIN or withdraw liquidity from the pool.

Let’s say that the pool releases 100 MIN daily in X pool, you and I are the only ones who have liquidity in the pool and we are 50/50 each with 1000 USD in liquidity, we both earn 50 MIN daily. And you decided to add 10,000 USD in MIN to Staking Plus (my proposal), your earnings are multiplied by 2, let’s say, you no longer earn 50 MIN, but 67 MIN, and I earn 33 MIN daily, 67+33=100 MIN daily. Now you earn more, and the release of MIN is the same if you notice. The calculation is as if 3 people were in the pool and not 2, so you divide 100/3=33.3, but since you are the one leveraging your earnings with MIN, you multiply by 2 33.3*2=66.6. And that is the result of approximately 67.

Remember that in order to increase your farming gains in my proposal by X2, X3, or X1000(EXAMPLE ), you need to have 10 times the amount in your LP tokens in ADA to raise your multiplier,
x2 Farm=x10 in MIN
x5 Farm=x60 in MIN
x1000 Farm= x5000 in MIN (if your pool has 5000 USD you need 25,000,000 USD in MIN to have this performance).

Given that the market is volatile and calculating the prices of each pool by the second, I believe that in my proposal there could be a minimum 5-day commitment (Cardano epoch) for MIN bonding in staking plus. At the end of each epoch, the LP and MIN participation in staking plus is calculated. For example, during 5 days, I will earn X1.5 in staking plus, and no matter how much I add MIN or LP, that value will not change. However, if I withdraw MIN or LP, I will lose the multiplier and it will be a normal farming for the remaining days plus one epoch.(If I add more liquidity it will still be the same multiplier in LP, say X1.5, in the next few days plus 1 epoch. I would recalculate the multiplier, either to raise or lower it)

The benefits of this proposal are twofold. First, it promotes the retention of MIN tokens and increases liquidity in the farming pools. By staking, users have an incentive to hold onto their tokens rather than selling them, which would help stabilize the price. Additionally, by increasing liquidity in the pools.**

Secondly, it offers users an additional reward for staking their tokens in a specific pool. Users who stake their tokens can be called “Stakers Plus,” as they would earn a plus in their rewards in the farming pools. This would motivate users to hold onto their tokens and increase liquidity in the pools, which in turn would improve the stability and efficiency of the DEX…

1 Like